• #Baylor175: Audrey Yadon, BA ’11, MA ’13

What does your Baylor experience mean to you?

“Like a lot of students, I grew up in a Christian household, and I really am grateful for the faith that my parents taught me. But when I came to college, I realized I had questions that I had never asked before and really felt a lot of tension in that space. The person who really intervened in that moment was the resident chaplain in my dorm; he took the time to sit down with me and listen to my thoughts, and to help me reframe some of my questions in really healthy ways that have been useful for growth my whole life.

“I had that one conversation with him. We weren’t like super close friends, but it made enough of an impression on me that when I was transitioning from college to graduate school and I had questions about what I should look for in a church home, he was the one I called, and he met me for coffee again — years after having had that initial conversation — to again advise and listen.”

— Audrey Yadon, BA ’11, MA ’13

Audrey Yadon

[Baylor University was chartered by the Republic of Texas on Feb. 1, 1845, which makes this year our 175th anniversary. As part of our celebration, we’re sharing stories from Baylor alumni about their BU experience all semester long.]