New to the ‘Baylor Connections’ podcast? Here’s where to start
Not everyone can make it to campus to learn more about a program of interest, or find time to visit with President Livingstone about Baylor’s exciting future ambitions.
But… through the “Baylor Connections” radio program and podcast, the Baylor Family can regularly hear directly from Dr. Livingstone and dozens of other Baylor leaders and professors about what’s happening all across campus, from academics and student life to future plans for the university.
Launched in 2018, “Baylor Connections” is a weekly 23-minute program that dives into all areas of the university. The show’s longer form allows guests to go beyond basic headlines and soundbites to sharing in-depth stories about their topics — whether that’s why research matters, students who are making an impact, or what it’s like to move your family into a residence hall with 300 Baylor students.
If you haven’t yet discovered the show, you can subscribe and find all previous episodes on iTunes. Not sure where to start? Here are seven recent episodes that paint a broad picture of what’s happening at Baylor:
- President Linda Livingstone discussed the distinct role Baylor’s Christian identity plays in conducting meaningful research, and what it means to become a Tier 1 research university.
- Dr. Kevin Pinney, a Baylor chemistry/biochemistry professor, described how he and his colleagues are working to fight cancer right here on campus.
- University Chaplain Burt Burleson explained how spiritual formation takes place on a campus of 17,000 students who are each at different points in their faith journey.
- Dr. Lee Nordt, dean of Baylor’s College of Arts & Sciences, discussed how Illuminate, Baylor’s academic strategic plan, will enhance the university’s reputation and influence across every department on campus.
- Dominque Hill, assistant director for intramural sports, shared how the Baylor mission influences the intramural experience, and the role intramurals plays in the Baylor experience.
- Dr. Chloe Honum, a Baylor English professor and professional poet, discussed her love of poetry, passion for teaching Baylor students, and even shared an original poem.
- Dr. Martha Lou Scott, associate vice president for student life, talked about the joys and responsibilities she’s experienced counseling and inspiring students over nearly 50 years at Baylor.
“Baylor Connections” airs in Waco each Friday at 11 a.m. on KWBU-FM 103.3. The program is hosted by a familiar Baylor voice: Derek Smith, who handles public address duties at McLane Stadium and the Ferrell Center and radio play-by-play for Baylor baseball. Archives of the show can be found online and on iTunes.
Sic ’em, Baylor Connections!