‘Fixer Upper’ may be finished, but there’s more to come from Chip and Joanna
With great fanfare, the original run of HGTV’s Fixer Upper — starring Baylor graduates Chip (BBA ’98) and Joanna (BA ’01) Gaines — has come to an end after five hit seasons. For many Baylor alumni, Fixer Upper had become a fun weekly way to reconnect to Waco and Baylor. If that’s you, fear not; there are still plenty of ways for fans to get their fix of America’s favorite Baylor grads (plus their hometown and alma mater), whether in Waco or from afar:
* Fixer Upper: Behind the Design — Thankfully, HGTV isn’t quite done with the Gaineses. In addition to reruns of Fixer Upper, this spin-off — in which Joanna shares details on her design, decorating and staging strategies — currently airs Saturday nights at 6 p.m. CT on HGTV.
* Wood Work — Starting May 9, you can also watch your favorite Baylor-graduated carpenter, Clint Harp, BBA ’00, in his own series. Wood Work, which will air on DIY Network, shows Harp using reclaimed lumber to build new furniture out of old wood with crazy requests and tight deadlines.
* House Flip with Chip and Jo — This iOS game lets you renovate with Chip, design with Joanna, and learn how to buy low and sell high! Look closely, and you’ll find some familiar green-and-gold locations in the game, as well, as you’re browsing Waco for houses to flip.
* Magnolia Market at the Silos — Located right between Baylor and downtown Waco, the Silos is headquarters for all things Chip and Jo. From the market (filled with Chip and Joanna’s favorite home décor) to the lawn (and its many local food trucks) to the bakery (and its delicious baked goods of Joanna’s own creation), Magnolia Market has turned Waco into a bona fide tourist destination.
* Magnolia Table — The former Elite Cafe location on Waco’s traffic circle now features Jo’s fresh-made buttermilk biscuits, lavender lattes, Chip’s ham sandwich, and much more, all in a beautiful space designed by the Gaines with an incredible message: that everyone has a seat at the table.
* The Little Shop on Bosque — Magnolia’s original home on Bosque Boulevard is now open on special dates, showcasing last-chance and scratch-and-dent items from Magnolia’s warehouse.
* Hearth & Hand — Having Joanna’s designs in your home has gotten so much more affordable and convenient with Target’s Hearth & Hand line. From table top to home décor (and more), you can fix up your own home just like Joanna would.
* Magnolia Table cookbook — If you can’t make it to Magnolia Table quite yet, don’t fret! Joanna’s cookbook, also named Magnolia Table, is filled with family favorites and classic selections from the new Waco restaurant.
* Capital Gaines — Joanna’s not the only one with a book. If you need some Chip Gaines silliness in your life, his recently released book, Capital Gaines: The Smart Things I’ve Learned by Doing Stupid Stuff, gives you a front row seat to some of Chip’s craziest antics and lessons learned.
Sic ’em, Chip & Joanna!
You might also like:
* 10 Baylor alumni leading Downtown Waco’s revitalization (May 2017)
* Baylor couple’s HGTV series, ‘Fixer Upper,’ begins tonight (April 2014)
* Baylor couple’s pilot to air on HGTV this Thursday (May 2013)