• #BearsOfBaylor — “Then I heard, ‘Representing Pi Kappa Phi…’ and I was like, ‘Wait, what was that?!’”

“I’m here for the Phi Beta Kappa induction. It’s the oldest honors society in the country, founded in 1776. … I’m in Phi Alpha Theta, the history honors society. I’m in a couple different honors programs, the general honors program and the Baylor Interdisciplinary Core. … I’m on the club volleyball team. I’m in Pi Beta Phi, and I’m sweetheart for Pi Kappa Phi.”

[And you were the 2016 Homecoming Queen, right?]
    “Yeah… I wasn’t surprised when I was nominated, because usually the sweethearts of fraternities are their nominees… It’s presented at Pigskin. We’re all standing on the risers in our dresses, and they start calling the princesses. They call the fourth princess, and I was like, ‘Aw, that’s fine. I get to go home and do my homework, take a nap.’ I was not even paying attention anymore… Then I heard, ‘Representing Pi Kappa Phi…’ and I was like, ‘Wait, what was that?!’ So I stood there for like a second and was like, ‘I need to move my body now. I hope my smile doesn’t look totally ridiculous and I’m just standing there and they’re like putting things all over me.’ That was about my reaction, surprise. And then the weekend was insane. You’re just meeting people, you have breakfasts and receptions and all this stuff you have to do. … We had a reception in the SUB, and then presentation at the game, presentation at every Pigskin, presentation at the Homecoming bonfire, the parade. I think that was about it, but it was a lot in a couple of days. I was very tired.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]