• #BearsOfBaylor — “I’m driving in the Homecoming parade.”

“I just finished my last midterm and I just turned in my essay, so I’m good to go for the rest of the week, until I have to get my cars ready for the Homecoming parade. I’m driving in the Homecoming parade. I’ve been doing it for a couple of years, now.

“I get to drive a friend’s car, because another friend of mine is driving my car for KXA. I have a 1999 Mazda Miata. I went ahead and got it three years ago. I got it as a salvage title and just completely restored it as best I could.

“What happens is, the person who’s in charge of the Homecoming parade would be like, ‘Hey, can we use your car again this year?’ And I would say, ‘Sure!’ And then she’d say, ‘Ok, can you find five other drivers this year to help drive cars from the dealers?’, and I said, ‘Yeah, sure,’ because I’m from the Baylor Driving Club and we always have people who are eager to drive and do stuff for the Homecoming parade, since our car is going to be in the parade, too.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]