• Baylor Law provides Christmas gifts for nearly 1,000 students at local elementary

Just before Christmas, the generosity of the Baylor Law School family allowed law school representatives to visit a local elementary school with a new, wrapped toy for every child in the school. (See the video above and this report from KWTX.)

Baylor Law faculty, staff and students raised more than $4,000, which was used to purchase toys for each of the school’s nearly 1,000 students plus 400 pairs of gloves for the children. Twenty students at Bell’s Hill Elementary had specific wishes fulfilled — wishes like these:

• “All I want for Christmas is a crib for my two-month-old sister, because she has to sleep on the floor because she falls off of the regular bed and I don’t want something to happen to her.”
    • “I want a heater for Christmas for my cousin, because he is sick and if he gets cold he will have to go to the hospital.”
    • “I want silverware and dishes for Christmas to give to my mom because I love her so much, and she wishes she could get this stuff but she doesn’t have the money.”
    • “All I want for Christmas is clothes because I only have a little bit of clothes.”
    • “All I want for Christmas is to give toys to St. Francis Children’s Hospital because my cousin died from cancer and I want to give toys to the kids in the hospital.”

Sic ’em, Santa’s elves Baylor Law!