• Homecoming: ‘How do I love thee? Let me count the ways…’

Homecoming bonfireWhat do you love about Homecoming? The answers are as varied as the alumni who return to campus each year; here are a few quick responses:

• It’s a time to “renew former associations and friendships, and catch the Baylor spirit again.” Samuel Palmer Brooks, former Baylor president
    • “Memories come alive again once you step on campus. … You’ll re-experience the Baylor spirit that has never gone away.” — Walter Abercrombie, former Baylor and NFL running back and executive director of the “B” Association
    • “I love all the alumni on campus. You see how much they love Baylor, and you realize, ‘Hey, I go to a pretty cool school.'” — Mark Laymon, student body president
    • “Come back and see how many of us have aged. … Come while I can still see you through my good eye–my glass eye has a cataract!” — Dr. Robert Packard, Master Teacher and physics professor emeritus

Sic ’em, Homecoming attendees!

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on LinkedInEmail this to someoneShare on RedditDigg thisShare on TumblrShare on StumbleUpon