• Baylor sophomore a finalist in national anthem competition

webber-aug14[9/23/14 update — You did it, Baylor Nation — Lindsay won! See her note at the end of this post.]

Baylor sophomore Lindsay Webber’s 20th birthday is coming up. It’s Sept. 22 — the same day Webber could be announced as the grand-prize winner of FMC Agricultural Solutions’ “Stand and Be Heard Anthem Singing Contest.”

Lindsay, a vocal performance major in Baylor’s School of Music, is one of four finalists in the competition. The grand prize? A $10,000 scholarship. That’s on top of the all-expense-paid trip to Nashville Webber already received as a finalist, when she got the chance to record her rendition of the national anthem at the House of Blues Studio. Watch and hear her recording here.

To win, Webber could use the support of her fellow Bears. Click here to vote for Lindsay; you can vote once per day through Sept. 18.

Sic ’em, Lindsay!

[9/24/14 update — Lindsay says thanks: “I wanted to send my appreciation to Baylor Nation and to Baylor Proud for posting and supporting me. WOW! YOU GUYS DID IT! A $10,000 scholarship and potential performance opportunities representing FMC and Swanson Russell around the nation are coming my way! I was fortunate to grow up in a very supportive community, and that same community support has continued at Baylor. I am humbled and honored to use the talents God has given me for His glory. Still blown away. I can’t thank my Heavenly Father, FMC, Swanson Russell, and BAYLOR NATION enough for this incredible opportunity. I am truly blessed beyond belief. (And it made a pretty good birthday present, too!)]

[We learned of this note from a Bear who shared her Baylor pride. Do you know of an inspiring story, news item, or just a fun link that makes you proud of Baylor and the Baylor family? Let us know! Click here to submit your point of pride!]