McLane Stadium 97% complete with 8 weeks ’til kickoff
Next month (!!), Baylor football will officially open McLane Stadium as the Bears host SMU.
A media tour yesterday gave up-close looks at the team’s locker room, a recruiting area, the field (where turf has gone in this week) and lower stands. (If you’re following @BaylorProud on Twitter, you got a glimpse of things yesterday.)
Some highlights of the tour:
- Officials estimate the stadium is about 97% complete.
- The “BU” logo (pictured above) on the ceiling of the 7,500-square-foot locker room is really cool.
- The recruiting room (see here) is a slightly more green version of the basketball team’s “electricity” jerseys. That color is clearly hot among the younger crowd.
- The videoboard — which ESPN earlier this summer named among the best in the country — looks much bigger in person than it does in photos, but not so big that it destroys the view of campus across the river.
- Campus — particularly the law school — feels surprisingly close from inside the stadium.
Eight more weeks!
Sic ’em, Bears!