Baylor fans use Twitter to ‘sic ’em’ from all over the globe
We know Baylor fans live all over the country and even across the globe, so it was fun to receive confirmation of that over the weekend. During the 24 hours leading up to Baylor football’s season opener, we heard via Twitter directly from Bears in 32 states (see the full list at the end of this post) and even from alumni as far as France and Bahrain — each of them checking in to give a sic ’em from their part of the world!
It all started Friday, when a few Baylor fans on Twitter shared where they were wearing their green and gold in honor of the first game of the season. We initially heard from Bears celebrating College Colors Day in Austin, New York City and Chicago; when we in turn retweeted those messages on our Twitter account (@BaylorProud), the responses flooded in.
Here are just a few of our favorite tweets:
- “listening online from Boise, Idaho. Sic em! Fly fishing until kickoff!” (@andykuchera)
- “green and gold in Oxford, MS. Sic em > hotty toddy” (@adam_vaughn)
- “The District of Columbia is rocking its @baylorproud as we have a screen now dedicated and tuned on to the game feed on in the White House!” (@adamrenz)
- “I’m @baylorproud in Big Orange Country today! No burnt orange to be found. Sic ’em from Knoxville, TN!” (@lizziehelen)
- “Sic ‘Em Baylor! Proud to officially be a Wacoan and Baylor Alum! @BaylorProud” (@LillyanBaker)
- “On the air, across the U.S., heard by about 2 mil. peeps, I luv my Baylor Bears…and Air1 Radio listeners know =)” (@air1nikki)
- “Sic ’em from the city of brotherly love!” (@thatmuseumgirl)
- “AZ is ready! Sic em! http://plixi.com/p/43241451” (@marciedoe)
- “Sic ’em from the Middle East! Happy game day from Bahrain!” (@renabelle)
Baylor regularly has students from all 50 states, so it makes it sense that our alumni are flung far and wide as well. We heard from Baylor fans in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Vermont & Washington (plus Washington, D.C.).
Thanks to the 2,800+ Baylor fans who share their Baylor pride by following and retweeting @BaylorProud via Twitter. And if you’re not one of those yet, check us out for more of the same sorts of things you read here — links to Bears in the news, fun photos or videos, and other things that make the Baylor family proud!
Sic ’em, Bears!