• Those who know Ken Starr best describe Baylor’s new president

Baylor Magazine - Ken Starr coverIt’s easy to find information on Judge Ken Starr’s impressive professional career; as one friend noted, “his resume is on Wikipedia.” Seeing him last week at the Baylor men’s basketball Elite Eight game with a friend of his — former President George H.W. Bush — I started wondering what exactly led him to Baylor and what kind of person he is, beyond the resume.

Just a few days later, the latest issue of Baylor Magazine arrived in my mailbox this week, and I was happy to see that the cover story answers these sorts of questions. In the story, those around Judge Starr — faculty and staff at Pepperdine, where he has served since 2004 as dean of the law school, and his wife, Alice — describe the man they’ve come to know: a family man with deep Texas roots, firm in his faith, and a thoughtful, deliberate decision-maker. After reading the article, I’m even more excited about Judge Starr coming to Baylor. The future leadership of our University is in great hands — the capable hands of a servant who’s coming here for a reason: to answer a call. Those of you like me who were wondering about Baylor’s new president should really read this story.

Sic ’em, Judge Starr!

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on LinkedInShare on Google+Email this to someoneShare on RedditDigg thisShare on TumblrShare on StumbleUpon