Perfect weather, perfect record: Recapping a perfect #BaylorHomecoming 2019
Cool autumn nights. Friends and family. A bonfire, a parade, some Pigskin acts, and college football.
This weekend was no doubt a #BaylorHomecoming to remember. In case you missed any moment of it, we’re here to recap it all for you. (Click each event name to see photos.)
1. Dinner with the Livingstones — Homecoming week kicked off with free dinner at the President’s house for Baylor students! Dr. Livingstone welcomed students to the Allbritton House lawn for free food from popular Waco food trucks (including Captain Billy Whizzbang’s, Chick-fil-A, Club Sandwich, Dave’s Burger Barn, Guess Family BBQ, Shorty’s Pizza Shack, Vitek’s BBQ and Xristo’s Cafe)!
2. Mass Meeting and Bonfire Build — More than 90 years later, Baylor students still honor the 10 students who died in a 1927 bus-train accident, as the Immortal Ten’s stories are told at the annual Mass Meeting during Homecoming. After the hallowed ceremony is complete, students headed to campus to start building the Homecoming bonfire.
3. Baylor Alumni Reunions — This year, Baylor Alumni reunion events are being held throughout the fall (not only on Homecoming). But the class celebrating its 50-year reunion — the Class of 1969 — had a very special event just for them in the SUB’s Barfield Drawing Room. (Note: If you’d like to be notified about future Baylor Alumni events, update your alumni information here.)
4. Baylor Homecoming Extravaganza — By Friday night, most alumni had made the trek back home, and campus was absolutely buzzing. Both students and alumni were celebrating together, with Singspiration, Extravaganza, and the Pep Rally/Bonfire. (Couldn’t make it back? Watch the pep rally/bonfire lighting here.)
5. Pigskin Revue — The best of Baylor students’ musical, Broadway-style acts from spring’s All University Sing are showcased each fall during Homecoming at Pigskin Revue. This year’s show featured acts from Kappa Omega Tau, Chi Omega, Kappa Chi Alpha, Delta Delta Delta & Alpha Tau Omega, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Kappa Sigma, Phi Kappa Chi, and Zeta Tau Alpha.
6. Parade — Thousands of people turned out Saturday morning for the nation’s largest collegiate homecoming parade. This year’s celebration featured more than 150 entries, including student-made floats, balloons, noted alumni, student and local organizations, bands, and more. (Miss the parade? Watch KCEN’s broadcast, learn this year’s parade float winners, and get an up-close look at all the floats.)
7. Baylor football — A double-overtime win over Texas Tech — in front of more than 47,000 fans at McLane Stadium — was the perfect ending to Homecoming, as the Bears improved to 6-0 on the season. (A little Sailor Bear magic didn’t hurt, either!) (If you were at the game, find and tag yourself in this GIANT 360 Baylor Family photo. If you weren’t, see the highlights from the game in just 3 minutes and the Golden Wave Band’s impressive halftime show.)
Until next year!
Sic ’em, Bears!