6 new things to see at Baylor this fall
Sure, summer is nice. A few months of break from homework and tests is hard to beat — but the fall semester is almost here. Returning students will reunite with old friends, get back to old routines, and enjoy the historic beauty of the Baylor campus.
But there’s also plenty of newness around campus this fall for students (and alumni) to look forward to; here are six of our favorites:
1. Steak ‘n Shake is coming to the SUB. Shakes, burgers and fries have never sounded so good. Plus, they’ll be serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
— BaylorUDining (@BaylorUDining) August 2, 2018
2. Dutton is repaved, and it’s beautiful. Say goodbye to the bumpy ride. Driving along Dutton Avenue is officially smooth sailing.
Something got a makeover while our Bears have been away. 👀
— Baylor University (@Baylor) June 15, 2018
3. Common Grounds, Heritage Creamery, AND Slow Rise are coming to the SUB. Baylor is teaming up with a few of Waco’s favorite small businesses to offer coffee (7 a.m.-11 p.m.!), ice cream and pizza all in one space!
4. Moody 104’s makeover. This former office space in Moody Library was remodeled into a beautiful, modern “Active Learning Lab” with state-of-the-art technology. This space is designed to enrich teaching and learning at Baylor!
5. There’s a new dance studio in the SUB! Need to reserve a space for your student organization? Look no further! There’s a literal dance studio on the second floor of the SUB. This room was created in collaboration with Student Government to provide a functional room for student groups in need of a rehearsal space.
6. TechPoint Maker Space (Make@BU). In a collaboration with Maker’s Edge, the University Libraries are launching a space where students can use 3D printers and scanners, a CNC carver, a laser cutter/engraver, soldering station, and more!
Sic ’em, Bears!