• #BearsOfBaylor — “My parents moved to Germany three weeks after I came to Baylor.”

“My parents moved to Germany like three weeks after I came to Baylor. (My dad’s in the Air Force.) God extremely came through in so many ways. My roommate from freshman year — we’re still best friends — she is from Waco. So, her family was here for me. They were like a second family and constantly taking care of me. And then, I also had a really close friend who lives in Austin, and her parents were constantly saying, ‘You’re welcome at our home, because it’s your home.’

“This past summer, I spent the entire summer in Germany, and then the second half, I was able to study abroad, which was super convenient. I was like four hours from home.

“I decided to add a German minor… I admire Europeans, because they all know at least three languages. It’s more prevalent for them, because they’re so close and so many different languages are connected. I’ve learned a greater appreciation for learning languages.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]