• #BearsOfBaylor — “I’m really hoping that [Christmas] will be a unifying time…”

“I love literally everything about Christmas… I’ve always loved Christmas trees. They’re my favorite. We had a Christmas tree when I was a child that was six feet tall, had 15,000 lights on it, because we had 150 strands of 100 bulbs (did I do that math right?), so 15,000. It actually heated up part of the living room, ’cause that was back before it was LED, and that is one of my favorite Christmas memories.

“I like seeing people come together and be caring and compassionate because I feel like, especially this year, that’s something that we need. I think the holidays are going to be the time for people to remember that no matter what kind of divisions we have in our country, we’re still all human. I’m really hoping that it will be a unifying time, because like I said, I know it’s been a very difficult year for a lot of people, and a lot of people are really scared. So I think this year, especially, Christmas is really important to kind of relieve some of that tension and just bring a sense of ‘it’s going to be okay, and we’re going to keep on keeping on’ and we will all stick together and make sure people are taken care of.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]