• #BearsOfBaylor — “I really liked math, and I knew I wanted to help people.”

“I’m a freshman. I’m currently involved in SWE, which is the Society of Women Engineers. … I help plan events for different things that the SWE organization puts on — like right now we’re planning a study night, and we’re doing it with another engineering organization. We plan all kinds of stuff. We had a LinkedIn photoshoot, and we host a lot of engineering companies, where representatives will be sent out to speak. We host them here so that engineering students and STEM students can come see about people who might have a career in something they might want.

“I knew when I graduated high school that I had different things I could go into. I really liked math, and I knew I wanted to help people. I’m kind of more an outgoing, people person, and so my parents didn’t really see me being an engineer. And then I picked engineering as my major, and they were like, ‘What are you doing?’ And then I was like, ‘Well, it’s because I want to help people!’ And so this is a way I can use that to help people. I wanna get my undergrad in mechanical engineering, then go to grad school for bioengineering, and then work in a hospital and make prosthetics – whether that’s prosthetic legs, arms – for veterans. That’s what I’m really passionate about.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]