• Thankful for Baylor, as a graduate and parent

Baylor QuadrangleThanksgiving is a natural time to take stock of all we have to be thankful for. This year, rather than try to encapsulate it all myself, I’ll let Julie Bell — a 1989 Baylor graduate whose son is now a Baylor student — share what she’s thankful for about Baylor.

“My son is currently a freshman at Baylor. He LOVES Baylor life. (Who wouldn’t?) I’m especially proud of how involved he has gotten in his church in Waco. Being a pastor’s kid, he’s always been under his dad’s wing but is finally able to express his spirituality in his own way. Just recently, he and some college kids from his church helped lead a worship service at a local homeless shelter. He later texted me to tell me how much fun it was! He also tells me of the many worship opportunities he has on campus. I LOVE BAYLOR and what is has to offer my son. As the Welcome Week motto says, Baylor enriches students spiritually, mentally, physically (flag football every week) and socially (who knows what happens on his hall in Martin?). Sic ’em, Bears!”

Sic ’em, indeed!