Baylor named one of top 30 social media colleges in the nation
Earlier this year, Baylor was named the No. 5 most influential college on Twitter; now this spring comes word that, out of 6,000-plus colleges and universities nationwide, Baylor is one of the top 30 social media colleges in the country.
That’s BU’s ranking from the folks at StudentAdvisor.com, a site geared toward helping students find the right fit when it comes to picking a college. A research team there looked for schools that were effective at engaging their audiences on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other social media tools. Baylor’s ranking places it third in the state of Texas and well ahead of other schools you might expect to see higher: Virginia, North Carolina, Boston University, MIT and others.
A listing of Baylor social media sites is maintained on both the Alumni site and the About Baylor page, detailing out official Facebook, YouTube and Twitter accounts for the university, athletics, colleges and departments and student life. Not enough? You can find even more Baylor Twitter accounts here.
Sic ’em, Bears in social media!
Previously on Baylor Proud:
* Baylor Facebook page tops 40,000 friends
* Alum at forefront of campaign social media outreach
* Baylor fans use Twitter to ‘sic ‘em’ from all over the globe
* Connect to Baylor and your fellow students and alumni online
* BaylorProud on Twitter: What you’ve missed lately
* Baylor iTunes U site launches with free audio and video downloads