The current issue of Baylor Magazine includes a feature called “Faces of Baylor,” in which the author talked to 10 current students from a variety of backgrounds about their experiences here at BU. Each had a different story to tell, but from reading their comments, it’s easy to see how much they’ve enjoyed and benefited from their time at Baylor.
There really is a place for everyone at Baylor; here’s a sampling of the students featured in this story:
* A Baptist minister’s son from a large high school in San Antonio;
* A freshman who plans after graduation to return to her family’s business in Vietnam;
* A future surgeon whose parents never attended college;
* A top student from a long line of Bears who found her ministry niche in Waco;
* A small-town native who is already helping other students find scholarships; and
* A 14-year Marine studying to become a park ranger (a WebExtra, not in the printed magazine).
Reading the stories from these students and all they had to say about Baylor — complimenting everything from their professors to student activities to the financial aid the University offers — reminded me of all that I love about Baylor, too.
Sic ’em, students!