‘The College Tour’ highlights the unique, invigorating Baylor experience
Earlier this month, The College Tour premiered its second season on Amazon Prime — a season that includes our beloved Baylor — and we could not be more thrilled!
Hosted and produced by Amazing Race winner Alex Boylan, The College Tour is a powerful series created to empower high school students to virtually travel across America for an inside look at colleges and universities. Each episode features a college or university through the eyes of its students, faculty and alumni, providing future students with an intimate look at life on campus beyond what is written in brochures or websites.
Baylor’s episode is no exception:
- Trey Thomas, a 2021 health science studies graduate from Plano, gives an overview of Baylor’s most cherished traditions, from the Baylor Line and Homecoming to Diadeloso and Dr Pepper Hour.
- Lindsey Purdham, a junior corporate communications major from Colorado Springs, provides an insider’s view of Baylor’s hometown of Waco and why Waco is one of the top tourist destinations in the country.
- Aidan Dougherty, a junior human resource management and Spanish major from Waco, takes viewers behind-the-scenes of the Williams Bear Habitat where Baylor’s live bear mascots, Judge Joy and Judge Lady, greet visitors and students daily.
- Adan De La Garza, a graduate student in strategic management from Weslaco, Texas, provides a glimpse of what it’s like to cheer on the Bears on a national stage and how to get involved with club sports on campus.
- Mike Nakaoka, a junior history and English major from Honolulu, shows some of the ways students can stay active outdoors on campus and in Waco, from trail running and hiking, to biking and watersports.
- McKenna Louth, a junior neuroscience/pre-med major from Lakewood, Colo., shares about the academic rigor, faculty mentorship and opportunities for research that are preparing her for the future.
- Gabby Swinton, a senior choral music education major from Tomball, Texas, showcases some of the many student organizations and activities that connect Baylor students with friends and create a vibrant campus life.
- Jack Gebele, a junior marketing/finance major from Hermosa Beach, Calif., shows how Baylor’s care for the whole person — physically, emotionally and spiritually — supports Baylor students and helps them thrive.
In addition to hearing from our students, we also hear from Dr. Jonathan Tran, a Baylor religion professor, on how BU faculty invest in students, and from President Linda Livingstone on what faith means at Baylor.
“What stands out at Baylor, besides the fact that you get this amazing Christian education on a beautiful campus in a fantastic location, is the traditions,” Boylan says. “Some of the oldest, not only in the state of Texas but in the country. When you see what Baylor does for Christmas and for Homecoming, I don’t know if there’s a better story out there — how every new class gets to be a part of those traditions, and how special that is.”
The video above is just a teaser; the entire episode (and each of the individual segments) are available at baylor.edu/tour. We’re so excited to be able to showcase our great school on this international platform.
Sic ’em, Bears!