30+ Baylor Bears now leading colleges and universities worldwide
In the past month alone, four Baylor Bears have been named as presidents of universities across the nation!
The run began with the naming of Dr. Diana Lovell (BSED ’89) as president of Southwestern Oklahoma State University on March 3. A week later. Dr. Beck Taylor (BBA ’92, and a former Baylor business professor — pictured above) was announced as president of Samford University. Just six days after that, Dr. D. Michael Lindsay (BA ’94) was named the new president of Taylor University. And on April 5, Brad Carson (BA ’89) was selected as president of the University of Tulsa.
This quartet is part of a long list of Baylor Bears who currently serve as top executives at colleges and universities nationwide (and even around the world):
- Dr. J. Blair Blackburn (EDD ’00), East Texas Baptist University, Marshall, Texas
- Eric Bruntmyer (JD ’94), Hardin-Simmons University, Abilene, Texas
- Dr. Scott Bullard (PhD ’09), Pfeiffer University, Misenheimer, N.C.
- Brad Carson (BA ’89), University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Okla.
- Dr. Gary Cook (BA ’72), Dallas Baptist University, Dallas
- Dr. Debbie Cottrell (BSED ’79), Texas Lutheran University, Seguin, Texas
- Dr. Barry Creamer (BA ’85), Criswell College, Dallas
- Dr. J. Bradley Creed (BA ’79), Campbell University, Buies Creek, N.C.
- Dr. Steve Currall (BA ’82), University of South Florida, Tampa, Fla.
- Dr. Elizabeth Davis (BBA ’84), Furman University, Greenville, S.C.
- Harry Davros (JD ’94), Wade College, Dallas
- Dr. Donald Dowless (PhD ’89), Shorter University, Rome, Ga.
- Dr. Pamela Durso (BA ’83, PhD ’92), Central Baptist Theological Seminary, Shawnee, Kan.
- Dr. Ronald Ellis (MSEd ’81), California Baptist University, Riverside, Calif.
- Dr. Jaffus Hardrick (EDD ’02), Florida Memorial University, Miami Gardens, Fla.
- Dr. Mary Hensley (EDD ’89), Blinn College, Brenham, Texas
- Dr. Kao Kim Hourn (BA ’89), University of Cambodia, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Dr. Amanda Lee (BA ’88, MA ’90), Bladen Community College, Dublin, N.C.
- Dr. D. Michael Lindsay (BA ’94), Taylor University, Upland, Ind.
- Dr. Linda Livingstone (former Baylor faculty member), Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- Dr. Diana Lovell (BSED ’89), Southwestern Oklahoma State University, Weatherford/Sayre, Okla.
- Dr. Steven Mason (BBA ’98), LeTourneau University, Longview, Texas
- Dr. Brian McCall (BA ’81), Texas State University System, Austin, Texas
- Dr. Harold Nolte (BS ’77, MSEd ’80), Dodge City Community College, Dodge City, Kan.
- Dr. Joseph Nyre (former Baylor faculty member), Seton Hall University, South Orange, N.J.
- Dr. Dub Oliver (BSEd ’87), Union University, Jackson, Tenn.
- Dr. Randy O’Rear (EDD ’04), University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, Belton, Texas
- Dr. Linda Schott (BA ’79), Southern Oregon University, Ashland, Ore.
- Dr. Myles Shelton (BA ’75, MS ’76, EDD ’94), Galveston College, Galveston, Texas
- Dr. Robert Sloan (BA ’70), Houston Baptist University, Houston
- Dr. Beck Taylor (BBA ’92), Samford University, Birmingham, Ala.
- Dr. Gregory Williams (EDD ’96), Odessa College, Odessa, Texas
Sic ’em, Baylor presidents and chancellors!
(Have we missed someone? Let us know!)
Changes/additions made after the original post:
- Dr. Brad Johnson (BSED ’93, EDD ’05), College of the Ozarks, Point Lookout, Mo.
- Dr. Greg Jones (former Baylor provost), Belmont University, Nashville, Tenn.
- Dr. Kathy Schwaig (BBA ’84, MBA ’86), Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, Ga.
- Dr. Frank Shushok Jr. (BSED ’91), Roanoke College, Salem, Va.
- Dr. Sinda Vanderpool (longtime BU professor and administrator), St. Mary’s University, Calgary, Alberta, Canada