Meet Baylor’s new class of Regents
As Baylor’s Board of Regents holds its regular summer meeting this week, seven new Regents are taking their seats at the table to start new terms: two serving at-large, one elected by alumni, one appointed by the Baptist General Convention of Texas, one nominated by the Bear Foundation, one new Faculty Regent, and one new Student Regent:
- Faith Beaty, Bear Foundation Regent, is the director of marketing and communications for DNV GL Business Assurance Americas. A basketball letterwinner during her time at Baylor (1978-80), she has served on the boards of both the Bear Foundation and the Baylor “B” Association, where she became the organization’s first female president in 2005.
- Dr. Sara Dolan, faculty Regent, has served as a professor in Baylor’s Department of Psychology and Neuroscience since 2007. She is also graduate program director for Baylor’s clinical psychology program, and her research on mental health for veterans and families affected by trauma has earned more than $3.25 million in federally funded research grants.
- Dr. Michael A. Evans Sr., DMin ’09, BGCT-appointed Regent, is the senior pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Mansfield, Texas. He has also served as a Tarrant County College District administrator, the BGCT’s director of African American Ministries, BGCT president, and as a reserve chaplain in the U.S. Navy.
- Kristina (Krissy) Doerner Guidi, BA ’00, alumni-elected Regent, is an attorney at the Securities and Exchange Commission. A member of both the Texas Bar and the District of Columbia Bar, she has also worked with Arnold & Porter, LLP and Fulbright & Jaworski, LLP, since earning her law degree from Harvard in 2003.
- Paula Hurd, at-large Regent, spent nearly two decades in sales and services leadership positions at NCR Corporation, including as as vice president of services managing global strategic partnerships. As a philanthropist, her passion for supporting educational initiatives has extended to Baylor, the beloved alma mater of her late husband, Mark (BBA ’79).
- Sher Isada, student Regent, is a junior University Scholar studying international studies, public health, and medical humanities. Born in the Philippines, she serves as a cross-cultural Global Engagement Peer Leader, resources co-chair for Baylor Undergraduate Research in Science and Technology, and as a violinist in the Baylor Symphony Orchestra.
- Todd Patterson, BS ’90, at-large Regent, is founding partner of Patterson + Sheridan, LLP, a national intellectual property and complex litigation law firm headquartered in Houston. He has also served on the regional board of Canine Companions for Independence and the board of the South Texas College of Law Alumni Association.
Including the new Regents listed above, 44% of the Board is now female (up from 21% four years ago), and 18% are from diverse populations (up from 3% four years ago).
In all, 94% of this year’s Regents — 32 of 34 — are either Baylor alumni, professors or current students (including eight who have earned multiple degrees from the university). Seven are also Baylor parents. Given the unique Baylor experience — a truly transformational education built on the foundation of our Christian faith — it’s good to see so many BU alumni answer the call to come back and serve their alma mater.
Sic ’em, Baylor Regents!