• #BearsOfBaylor — “I tell people I found my calling during Chapel at Baylor…”

“I tell people I found my calling during Chapel at Baylor, which is weird, but true. I’d never thought of anti-human trafficking efforts and things like that before, but the more I was in my major, the more I realized I didn’t want to work in policy about people. I wanted to work specifically with people, and help them with whatever needs they have. The cool thing is that’s exactly what social work is. I really like it.

“I’m a senior, and I’ve made the closest friends I’ve ever made in my life here at Baylor. Knowing things will definitely change at the end of this year… I’m just working on enjoying the fact that it’s the last, but also enjoying the fact that I’m here with friends now. It’s a bittersweet thing to be struggling with, because it’s cool that we’re so close and we want everyone to be successful in whatever they’re doing. I have a friend who is going to go to med school, one who is working on applying to grad school and wants to go into research, and I’m going to grad school. It’s great for all of us, but we’re also going to separate which is sad, too.

“Baylor has a five-year Master of Social Work program, so I’m going to go straight into my social work master’s, and I’m pretty excited about that. I get to stay in Waco a little longer. It’s kind of weird that this is the last year, but not the last year in the place that I’m in. I’m excited about it. I’ve grown to love Waco a lot, so I’m excited to chill here for a little bit longer.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]