• #BearsOfBaylor — “It’s necessary for life to tell stories… to feel things and to take a break.”

“I’m a theatre major, so the theatre department [brought me to Baylor]. The professionalism, the set up that they have for jobs afterwards, and the intensity and educational environment. … Almost all of our professors act or direct outside of Baylor, all of them have MFAs and are crazy talented. One of my professors is directing a show at the WaterTower Theatre in Dallas right now. He drives there every day two hours there and back. He teaches at all levels, directs, and acts down there.

“It also helps that my family went here. My parents and some of my grandparents. I think I’m actually, like, a fourth generation. I actually didn’t want to come at the beginning, because I didn’t want to be like my family. But after I toured and after I learned more about the theatre department, I fell in love and realized that it fits exactly what I want to do with my life.

“Theatre is important. It’s necessary for life to tell stories, it’s necessary to feel things and to take a break. It’s a lovely, lovely breath of fresh air to watch a show and forget about your problems and for the actor to forget about their problems.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]