• #BearsOfBaylor — “There’s so much that’s changed, but then there’s so much that hasn’t.”

Her: “We got engaged right here.”

Him: “It was very corny. I had my guitar with me. I played Brad Paisley—”

Her: “No, it was Dierks Bentley!”

Him: “Sorry, Dierks Bentley. And at the end of the song, he basically proposes to his girlfriend. And so I sang her the song, and then asked her to marry me.”

Her: “It was really corny, but, 10 years ago! Yeah, we’re old.”

Him: “I’m in the Marine Corps now, so we’re stationed in San Diego. … It’s been, what, five or six years since we’ve been back in town? My mom flew out and is watching out kids, and we hopped on a plane and came out for the weekend. It’s been cool. I can’t believe how much has changed.”

Her: “It’s crazy. We’ve been driving around going, ‘What is all this?!’ We even got a [campus] map because this is 10 times bigger. I mean they had just finished the science building when we were leaving. It’s changed a lot. … There’s so much that’s changed, but then there’s so much that hasn’t.”

Him: “It’s neat to see how much Baylor has grown. Ten years ago it felt kind of like a small school. And now I think it still has that feel, but there’s just so much development. It’s really cool to see.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]