• #BearsOfBaylor — “[Our kids] have come out on the other end of that a lot stronger Christians.”

“Our daughter is a senior and graduates in December. Our son graduated two years ago, and my wife and I both graduated in ’83. My dad graduated in ’56, my mom in ’59. My mom’s dad was at Baylor right after the Depression but wasn’t able to finish. So we go back quite a ways…”

[What makes you proudest to be a Baylor family?]

“For me, it’s that our children know who that are and whose they are. And, I think that at Baylor… going through that crisis of faith with the religion department, because they really test their faith that freshman year, they’ve come out on the other end of that a lot stronger Christians.”

“That’s really exciting to us, to see that part of it. What our daughter does working with Campus Visits and who she gets to see and influence to come to Baylor, the stories we hear are exciting, too. … Our son got married this past June to a Baylor girl. They got engaged right after he graduated. She was a senior, so we have a daughter-in-law, Rachel, that’s also a Baylor grad and has her master’s, so we’ll continue to generate Bears, I think.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]