• #BearsOfBaylor — “Now, I’m a staff member, instead of a student…”

“I graduated undergrad in 2012 and stayed for a master’s until 2014. My graduate apprenticeship, the office I worked in started hiring for a full-time position, so I applied for that and stuck around.

“I walk around the same places. I still work from the Moody Starbucks, I still eat in Penland. But, now, I’m a staff member, instead of a student. It’s been really interesting, but I think during my stay as an undergrad, Baylor poured a lot into me, and now, being a staff member, I’m able to give back to Baylor in a big way and help provide for students the same experience, hopefully, that I had. It was so transformative and valuable.

“I’d say there’s a good handful of us that have stuck around in Waco, and even a few of us that work at Baylor. There’s kind of a cool little community of people I graduated with that are still here. … I love the people, love the students. Working for Baylor is really like a dream job.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]