• Foster steps forward to join Baylor Board

Paul FosterFrom El Paso to Waco, Paul Foster, BBA ’79, has sought out ways to empower others through education all across Texas.

At Baylor, Foster and his wife, Alejandra, have given generously to create the Paul L. Foster Success Center, a home for student services such as academic advising, tutoring, and career and professional development, and the newly named Paul L. Foster Campus for Business and Innovation, a new home for the business school slated to begin construction this winter.

Elsewhere across the state, the Fosters established Texas Tech’s medical school in El Paso and have supported the University of Texas at El Paso. Paul Foster is a former member of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and, since 2007, has served on the University of Texas System Board of Regents (currently as vice chairman).

This week, it was announced that Foster is stepping forward yet again to serve on the Baylor University Board of Regents. He will begin a three-year term at the Board’s next meeting in July. With Foster’s addition, 90% of Baylor’s Board (26 out of 29 members) are Baylor graduates.

“I firmly believe that the opportunities afforded to me throughout my life are very much a result of my educational experiences at Baylor, and I find it very rewarding to be able to give back to the university that prepared me for personal and professional success,” said Foster upon his appointment. “I look forward to serving during this exciting time in the history of Baylor University.”

Sic ’em, Paul Foster!