The 25 most Instagrammable spots on the Baylor campus
Ever wonder where the Baylor Instagram account and those featured on it get such breathtaking photos of campus? Or looking to fill your own account with photos like it? Well, here you go: your guide to the most share-worthy spots on the Baylor campus.
Whether it’s your first time visiting Baylor, or you practically grew up on campus, you have to do the “touristy” thing and Instagram the statues and fountains on campus:
- Climb up onto Judge Baylor and get a selfie.
- Watch the sun set behind the Rufus Burleson statue.
- Learn the names, faces and stories behind the Immortal Ten memorial.
- Relax by one of Baylor’s fountains: the Rosenbalm Fountain on 5th street, by Carroll Science, or at the BSB.
We don’t doubt that from the moment you stepped onto campus, you noticed how beautiful the architecture is and how unique each building is from one other. Next time you’re on campus, wander around and check these beauties off your list:
- The Baylor seal at Burleson Quadrangle
- The gardens of Founders Mall
- The view from the highest rows at McLane Stadium and from the pedestrian bridge looking back
- On the McLane Stadium field
- The windows and columns of the Baylor Sciences Building
- The arches of Old Main
- Literally anything inside Armstrong Browning Library
- Tidwell Bible Building
- The stained glass of Elliston Chapel
But let’s remember — life at Baylor is meant to be lived, not just observed! Take time out of your visit to check some things off your Baylor bucket list:
- Kayak or paddle board on the marina
- Sic ’em with Lady and Joy
- Hammock under the oak trees on Vara Martin Daniel Plaza
- Relax on a green-and-gold swing
- Climb “The Rock” (Pro tip: Get a friend with a quality camera to head to the second floor of the SLC to snag this one.)
Last but not least, take what might possibly be the most beautiful photos of campus you can get: the Baylor skyline.
- Head to the 5th floor of Cashion for this view of the Baylor spires and Pat Neff Hall.
- Stop by the BSB field on University Parks and Bagby to catch a breathtaking Texas sunset.
- Drive to the top of the 5th street parking garage for this gem (best seen during sunrise to pump you up for an 8 a.m. class).
- Head to the balcony of the President’s Suite at McLane Stadium (if you’re ever lucky enough to be invited there) for this unique angle of campus.
- Take part in Baylor Senior Week to go inside McLane Carillon and see this special view.
- Go on a helicopter tour of Waco to get this bird’s eye view of campus.
Now get on campus and get those photos — and make sure to share using #Baylor and #SicEm!
Sic ’em, Baylor Instagrammers!
You might also like:
* The top 10 Baylor Instagram moments of 2016 (Jan. 2017)
* Baylor family has 50 years of photos with Judge Baylor (Aug. 2016)
* 6 ‘must-do’ activities on a visit to Baylor’s campus (June 2015)