• #BearsOfBaylor — “What sealed the deal for my attending Baylor was when I visited…”

“From a very young age, I knew I wanted to be a doctor. I grew up surrounded with parents, aunts and uncles with careers in healthcare, and I have always looked up to them. After graduating high school, I knew I needed to attend a college that would cultivate my pathway to medicine. …

“What sealed the deal for my attending Baylor was when I visited the university toward the end of my senior year in high school. After arriving on campus and being greeted with an endless supply of smiles, hospitality, and most importantly, the apparent love of Jesus Christ, immediately I knew Baylor was where I belonged. I could not picture myself at any other university! …

“I most often remember those professors that believed in me through my self-doubt. My freshman chemistry professor, Dr. Bruce Hodson, always made me feel welcome in his office and introduced me to plenty of resources that would lead to my success in his class. My organic chemistry professor, Dr. Paul Zinke, singlehandedly made me feel like I was smart and capable in a class that could arguably be considered one of the hardest courses in the pre-medical track. Last, but not least, my research professor, Dr. Yunsuk Koh, pushed me past professional and academic limits that I didn’t even know existed. He prompted me to present my very first research article at a state-level conference while expecting greatness, and nothing less. These three professors, in combination with countless other professors, bosses and workers at Baylor, have molded me into the person that I am today.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]