• #BearsOfBaylor — “Sometimes people, including myself, can’t always see the other person’s perspective.”

“I think Baylor is doing a good job of trying to include diversity and trying to be a better neighbor towards everyone, but it’s something that needs to be continually reinforced so that it continues to grow… I think on every college campus, there always are those divides because sometimes people, including myself, can’t always see the other person’s perspective. I think overall that’s what everyone needs to get better at, to see from other peoples’ side and be willing to acknowledge it — and wanting to see it too.

“[Baylor] has a good pre-med program, and I am pre-med, so that’s kind of like my main reason why [I chose Baylor]. … I think they do a good job of training you rigorously to seek knowledge and go forth in that aspect. It’s kind of like a critical thinking skill; I think that’s what med schools want. It’s not necessarily the same thing we’re going to be learning over there, because, you know, it is going to be a little different, a lot more in depth. I think the skills we learn here, and how we learn is something that can be applied when we go to medical school. So, I think God willing, if I do get in, I’ll be well prepared.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]