• #BearsOfBaylor — “Integrating music into the classroom is one of my passions.”

“I’m an elementary education major, so I would love to teach elementary and integrate music into the classroom, or potentially be an elementary music teacher. … Integrating music into the classroom is one of my passions. I’ve been in music all my life, whether that be choirs, orchestras, piano lessons, so it’s always been a part of me. Being a teacher has also always been a part of me. I’ve been in VBS — Vacation Bible School — helping out in high school with the elementary students that are there and the elementary teachers, being a TA and everything, so it’s something I’ve always wanted to do. It gives me so much joy.

“I think in general, music is something that shouldn’t be taken away, but that’s definitely a personal opinion. It’s how students learn, it’s how students have fun during the day. When you look at elementary school, I know I remember my music teacher. I know I used music as a way to learn parts of speech, as a way to learn capitals and states. That’s how you remember things. I can still sing the preamble to the Constitution to you. I think it’s so vital in the learning experience.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]