• #BearsOfBaylor — “Because you’re my brother or sister, I care about you…”

“I’m from New York City, so this is far away, but I was looking for a school that offered a Master of Divinity and a Master of Music program. Truett and the School of Music both are prominent schools, so this was the only school I applied to for grad school. I didn’t have a backup, because I prayed about it, and this is where God was leading me. I knew nothing about Waco. I knew nothing about Texas. I’d never even heard of Baylor. Through research and lots of prayer, I made my decision. This is my second year, and I don’t regret it at all.”

[Why is it important to talk about race relations?]
    “We all have issues that go on, and sometimes it is pertaining to racism. But as a Christian, ‘Christian’ should supersede color. So because you’re my brother or because you’re my sister, I care about you and I’m covering you. What concerns you concerns me. … I think most people are open, once you have that person who has that open heart and open mind, to just learning more about someone’s day to day life. Because our walks are different. Just having that insight will hopefully bring everybody to the same common level of understanding.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]