• #BearsOfBaylor — “It’s just interesting things that we keep figuring out in biology.”

“I’m a biology major… I’m currently walking to Moody Library to work on a research project. We’ve been going out to the wetlands, working on it, going to find different organisms out there in the wetlands, so we got a chance to get in the water and figure out what we are doing. My group is going to do the zooplankton and phytoplankton effect on photosynthesis in clear water and dirty water.”

[Can you explain that for a non-biology major?]
    “Photosynthesis happens from the sun, so when the sunlight hits the dirty water it’s not going to really happen as fast as when it hits the clear water, so we’re seeing the change and the difference between it. … My favorite part about [the lab] is just being able to see what all 27 of us come up with, because we’re into nine groups, so there are going to be nine different research projects that you can learn from. It’s just interesting things that we keep figuring out in biology. Biology never stops.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]