• #BearsOfBaylor — “I’m thankful for my family, for their support.”

“I’m thankful for my family, for their support. I wouldn’t be here without them. They’re the ones who inspired me to go into social work. I want to do marriage and family counseling because of them. … I really didn’t know what I wanted to do. So my dad suggested – I was going to community college at this point – that I take a semester off and just kind of look at my options and take a course in everything that I’m interested in. So I took a teaching course, an engineering course, a math course, and he just casually suggested a counseling course. So I was like, ‘Okay,’ and I signed up for counseling ethics in men’s health and substance abuse and counseling. I took it, and within five minutes I fell in love with it, dropped the other courses, and got into the program.

“[My dad] knew who I was. And he knew that it would click. He was a pastor. My parents were missionaries, and so he did counseling for nine years. He knew what kind of person it took, and he knows me very well, obviously. … I’m going here, gonna get my master’s at Baylor, that’s my goal, gonna get my license, and then I wanna do marriage and family counseling.”

#BearsOfBaylor

[Every Baylor Bear has a story; #BearsOfBaylor brings those stories to you, one by one. These stories, these people… This is our Baylor.]