If there was ever a Baylor Proud wedding, it must have been this one.
When Brad (BBA ’08) and Stephanie (BS ’08, MS ’10, PhD ’12) Doherty got engaged, they decided the wedding should be back where they met and started dating — on the Baylor campus. The couple shot engagement photos on campus (this is my favorite) and booked Miller Chapel for the big day, but the Baylor theme didn’t stop there:
- The wedding colors were green and gold.
- The new couple led a “sic ‘em” immediately after being named husband and wife.
- The recessional was “That Good Old Baylor Line.”
- Nine members of the wedding party were also Baylor alums (including three from Stephanie’s Welcome Week group).
- After the ceremony, everyone in attendance who attended Baylor posed for a group photo at the Judge Baylor statue.
- The groom’s cake was the university seal, and the reception featured Dr Pepper floats.
- The fight song played during the reception.
- Stephanie wore a Baylor garter.
- As the couple left the reception, guests waved green-and-gold pom-poms.
- Even the getaway car (a family member’s van) was green and gold.
Perhaps this will give some great ideas to Baylor students Austin Aeschbacher and Christine Cookus. Austin, a senior music education major, proposed to Christine, a junior music education major, during the Baylor Symphony Orchestra’s annual Christmas at Baylor concert last month. [See the video.]
Sic ’em, Baylor couples!
[Weddings, babies, job changes and professional honors are just a few of the reasons to update the Baylor family with what's going on in your life after graduation. Share your news 120,000+ of your fellow Baylor family members -- submit a class note for the next issue of Baylor Magazine!]
You might also like:
* Young alum turns Homecoming tradition into marriage proposal (Nov. 2012)
* Senior trip to Independence perfect for popping the question (May 2012)
* Baylor guys find creative ways to propose to their Baylor girls (Sept. 2011)