• Student’s random act of kindness leaves big impression on new Baylor parents

Martin HallLast fall, we shared this story of how a small act of kindness by a Baylor student during Move-In Day had a powerful impact on a visitor who had little connection to BU (“a UT graduate with Aggie children,” as it was relayed to us).

Such random acts aren’t unusual at Baylor. As another example, we received this story just a few days ago:

“My incoming freshman (second of four children), my wife and I were attending orientation last June. My son had shown us Martin Hall, as this was his first choice of dorms. My wife was in her wheelchair and we had exited the front doors.

“My son assisted his mother down the stairs, and I was just beginning to carry our three drinks (it was hot out) and her wheelchair down the stairs when a young man jogging saw me. He stopped, ran up the stairs and grabbed the chair, saying ‘Let me get that for you.’ He walked slowly, making small talk with me down the stairs. At the bottom, he merely said, ‘Here you go’ as he set the chair down for my wife and then proceeded jogging. All I had time to do was to thank him and hear ‘No problem.’

“No fanfare; he just saw a need and filled it. I have recounted the story to quite a few (maybe too many) of my co-workers (mostly UT grads) as my way of sharing how happy, pleased and blessed we feel that our son will be one of those joggers. My wife and I were impressed with all the orientation presentations and tours, but a jogger made the biggest impression!”

Sic ’em, Baylor students!

[We learned of this story from a parent who shared his Baylor pride. Do you know of an inspiring story, news item, or just a fun link that makes you proud of Baylor and the Baylor family? Let us know! Click here to submit your point of pride!]