Freshmen begin moving into their residence halls one week from today. We’ve already profiled a couple of members of Baylor’s Class of 2015 this summer (see links below), but here are a few more.
* Jessica Bagneris (pictured) chose Baylor over 11 other schools offering scholarships. The New Orleans native was active in musical theater in high school, playing leading roles in such productions as Annie and The Wizard of Oz — a talent she plans to share as part of the Baylor University Women’s Choir. A psychology/neuropsychology/pre-med major, Jessica hopes to head to the Baylor College of Medicine after her time in Waco to become a psychiatrist.
* Chris Miller was one of four Boy Scouts from Troop 31 in Austin to earn Eagle Scout ranking this spring. For his Eagle Scout project, Chris built and installed four vegetation boxes to be used by local elementary school students. He also provided seeds to be planted in the boxes by students.
* Priscilla Pichon discovered Baylor at age 7; 11 years later, she will enroll as a Gates Millenium Scholar. The Tyler, Texas, native is one of 1,000 students nationwide to receive the honor, which pays for the recipient’s college education. Priscilla plans to major in biology and plans to become a physician’s assistant.
* Parris Rice enters Baylor already a world champion; in fact, she did it on the back of her best friend. Parris, a member of the Baylor equestrian team’s 2011 signing class, won the 2009 and and 2010 AQHYA World Championship in hunter seat. The Snohomish, Wash., native began riding as a toddler, and has competed at the highest levels ever since.
Sic ’em, Class of 2015!
Previously on Baylor Proud:
* Incoming freshman provides birthday parties for shelter kids
* Incoming freshman named Miss Teen USA 2011
* Incoming freshman explains why she turned down Harvard, Duke and Rice for Baylor