Few things say Baylor like the bells ringing in Pat Neff Hall. Silencing the bells would be like removing the red brick from campus; it just wouldn’t be the same.
The original 25-chime set was given by Trustee Cullen Thomas, and debuted in Dec. 1939 with “Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow.” When those eventually wore out, they were replaced with the current 48-bell set in 1988 thanks to the family of Regent Emeritus Drayton McLane, BBA ’58. Carilloneur Lynnette Geary, BMED ’75, MM ’82, tells their story and shows off what they can do in this video.
Sic ’em, Baylor bells!