Baylor Meritorious Achievement Award winners to be honored at Homecoming
The Baylor family can be a humble bunch. Each of this year’s 10 Baylor Meritorious Achievement Award recipients expressed surprise to receive the honor, saying that so many others were more deserving. And while it’s true that Baylor is blessed to count all sorts of leaders and servants among its alumni and supporters, each of this year’s honorees is especially worthy in his or her own right.
The awards, which will be given out annually by the university, include nine Baylor alumni and one Truett Seminary Honorary Alumnus. Congratulations to the winners, and thank you for representing the Baylor family so well! (Click on each honoree’s name to read more in a feature from the latest issue of Baylor Magazine.)
* Baylor Alumnus of the Year, awarded annually to a graduate who has demonstrated remarkable achievement in the previous year. 2010-11 recipient: J. Cary Gray, BBA ’79, BA ’80, JD ‘83.
* Baylor Young Alumna of the Year, awarded annually to a graduate age 40 or under who has demonstrated remarkable achievement in the previous year. 2010-11 recipient: Katie Wilhoit Kilpatrick, BA ‘08.
* Pro Ecclesia Medal of Service, awarded to an individual whose broad contributions to Christian ministry have made an immeasurable impact upon a local or global community. 2010-11 recipient: Dr. Bill Pinson.
* Pro Texana Medal of Service, awarded to an individual whose contributions in furthering the mission of Baylor in the public or non-profit sector have made an immeasureable impact. 2010-11 recipient: Sen. Kirk Watson, BA ’80, JD ‘81.
* Baylor Legacy Award, presented to individuals who demonstrate extraordinary philanthropy to Baylor or to causes that fit our mission as a Christian university. 2010-11 recipients: Sadie Jo Black, BS ‘50; Sue Holt Getterman, BA ‘50; Harold Riley, BBA ’52; Clifton Robinson, BBA ‘63.
* Founders Medal, reserved for men and women whose service and contributions have been unusually significant to the life and future of Baylor. 2011 recipients: Charles, BA ‘55, and Mary Alice, BA ‘54, Wise.
Sic ’em, Bears!