In our post last week on “Baylor faces you’ll find at the movies and on TV“, we asked you to let us know if we missed anyone, and you responded.
In addition to the handful of actors and actresses we highlighted last week, the most notable name we left off was The Office star (and former Baylor Magazine cover girl) Angela Kinsey, BA ’93 (pictured). Can’t believe I forgot her, especially given that a bobblehead of her Office character, Angela, sits on my office bookshelf.
Another name many Bears might recognize is Derek Phillips, BFA ’98, who has played Billy Riggins, the star fullback’s older brother and guardian, throughout the five-season run of NBC’s Friday Night Lights. (See Phillips in a clip from the show here.) Two other Bears — Steven Walters, BA ’03, and Joey Oglesby — have also appeared in multiple episodes of the show (Walters in nine episodes, Oglesby in six).
Senior film and digital media major Benjamin Davis was first assistant director on an independent film, A Savior Red, that will play opening night later this month at the Austin Film Festival. He also directed a film called American Cliche that included two Baylor students, producer Brennan Lane and script supervisor Mark Duncan, among its crew.
And though it’s a little old now, this round-up from Baylor Magazine back in Winter 2003 gives a pretty comprehensive look at Bears who were in showbiz at that time.
Sic ’em, Bears in Hollywood!
Previously on Baylor Proud:
* Rounding up some Baylor faces you’ll find at the movies and on TV (Oct. 2010)
* Baylor prof named ‘Best Director,’ feature named ‘Best Drama’ at recent film festivals (Sept. 2010)
* Alum’s latest film, ‘The Blind Side,’ hits theaters today (Nov. 2009)
* New film highlights role of Baylor Law alum, prof in fighting small-town injustice (March 2009)
* Alums’ movie tops at box office (Sept. 2007)
* Angela Kinsey on cover of new Baylor Mag (Aug. 2007)