• Young grad shares his testimony after miraculously surviving 4-story fall

Since graduating from Baylor in 1992, Paul Jensen has put together a remarkably successful career as a business executive in the world of video games. He has helmed two casual games companies, served as vice president of Sony Pictures Digital, and currently works as director of business development for Microsoft’s xBox live. But while he was succeeding on the outside, Jensen was fighting an inner turmoil, living a lukewarm Christian life that didn’t really give him any peace. And then he almost lost it all.

In 2002, Jensen was rock climbing at Joshua Tree National Park in California when he fell — four and a half stories. By his own account, he should not have survived. But he did. “God saved my life for a purpose,” he says. “That purpose, I feel, is to share my life’s story, and all that God has taught me along the way, with others.” (See him tell his story in the video below from The 700 Club.)

Jensen has written a book, Over the Edge Into Truth, that is available for sale via his website and Amazon and is also available as a free PDF download. The book tells the miraculous story of his survival, from the two climbers who were nearby — one of them who just happened to be a trauma surgeon who had a neck brace in his car, the other a first responder with a backboard —  to the diagnosis after he was helicoptered to the nearest hospital and found to have no broken bones, no internal bleeding and no head trauma. After a 45-foot fall. Onto rocks. Headfirst.

The physical violence of the fall, Jensen says, “catapulted” him in a new direction spiritually. The book continues with a narration of that journey, as he recognized the emptiness of his previous life and discovered the true peace that can be found in God. “This book is God’s story, not mine,” he says. “I consider it a blessing to share my story with anyone, whether through the book, opportunities to speak, or any other way to serve God, who gave me a second life.”

Sic ’em, Paul!