• Thousands of moms and dads visit for Parents Weekend

Baylor Parents Weekend 2009It’s been awhile since my mother came to visit me as a student during Baylor’s Parents Weekend, but I still remember how much fun it was to show her around campus (a far different experience than when we visited during Orientation, since I now actually knew where things were located) and introduce her to some of my professors at the Saturday morning breakfast.

Thousands of parents visited Waco last weekend for Parents Weekend 2009 and enjoyed similar experiences — attending the University talent show, After Dark; a dessert party outside the Baylor Sciences Building; Parent-Faculty Coffee in Burleson Quadrangle Saturday morning; Dinner on the Grounds on Founders Mall; and of course the football game at Floyd Casey Stadium. (See photos from the weekend here.)

During the game, the Baylor Parents League recognized Sandy and Gretchen McCormack as Baylor’s 2009 Parents of the Year. Sandy and Gretchen (both c/o ’82) aren’t the only Bears in the family; they’ve also passed the tradition along to their children: Wes, BBA ’08; Brandal, a Baylor junior; Clark, a Baylor freshman; and Arden, their “Baylor-Bear-to-be.”

As a Baylor graduate (and therefore the child of a Baylor parent), thank you to not only the McCormacks but all Baylor parents for all that you do to support your sons and daughters here. We hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Sic ’em, Baylor parents!