• D.C. alumni exemplify the Baylor family to student intern

The Stinnett family with HammonSenior Emily Hammon headed to Washington, D.C., this summer to learn about government and policy making through an internship with the Eagle Forum, but came away with something extra: a new understanding of what the Baylor family means.

Hammon was invited to live with Dr. Bruce (BS ’84) and Natica (BA ’83) Stinnett and their two children for the summer. The couple met at Baylor, when Bruce was a pre-med student and saw Natica performing in the Baylor Opera. He eventually proposed to her outside the SUB; since then, the two have traveled the world as Bruce — now Commander Stinnett — serves as a U.S. Navy physician. Natica continues to share her voice in both opera and worship.

“The many accomplishments of the Stinnett family are impressive, but the exemplary way they have chosen to live their lives will stay with me forever,” Hammon writes. “The conduct of the Stinnetts often made me think of the scripture; Joshua 24:15, ‘As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.’ I will never forget the outpouring of love and caring that was so generously given to me during my stay. The Stinnetts are shining examples of the wonderful people that graduate from Baylor University and go on to make the world a better place.”

Sic ’em, Stinnetts, for living out what it means to be the Baylor family!

[We learned of this story from a Bear who shared her Baylor pride. Do you have a news item, story or just a fun link that makes you proud of Baylor and the Baylor family? Let us know! Click on the “Submit Your Point of Pride” button in the top right corner.]