• Welcome Week continues to help new students feel at home at Baylor

Welcome Week 2009Welcome Week will always have a special place in my heart — not only because it served as my introduction to college life, but also because I met the guys who would be come my best friends — indeed, my groomsmen many years later — during those first few days at Baylor.

Even with the addition and growing popularity of Baylor Line Camp, Welcome Week still serves an important role in helping new students adjust to campus and college life before the entire student body arrives and classes start. (See photos from this year’s events here.)

From the President’s Picnic to small-group activities, the Big Event at the Ferrell Center to the Candlelight Ceremony at the Marina, most Welcome Weeks traditions remain the same, continuing to, well, welcome students to Baylor much like they did when I was a freshman 13(!) years ago. Even little things, like having dinner at the home of a faculty or staff member or serenading another residence hall, leave lasting memories; may this year’s freshmen remember Baylor as fondly after they graduate!

Sic ’em, class of 2013!