• Parents League welcomes newest Bears to the Baylor family

Baylor Parents League Send-off Party in San AntonioThe Class of 2013 will be starting at Baylor two weeks from yesterday, and if these students are anything like I was as a college freshman, they’ll be both excited about the new experiences ahead and a little nervous about meeting so many new people and being on their own for the first time. The funny thing, I later learned, was that my mom (like most parents) had the same conflicted feelings as she prepared for me to leave home for Waco.

Thankfully, the Baylor Parents League has both students and parents in mind as they prepare for school. Each summer, Baylor hosts Send-off Parties in locales across the country. Incoming Bears and their families gather from coast to coast to get to know each other, get answers to their questions and share excitement about becoming Baylor Bears. With more than 50 Send-off Parties scheduled this summer, that’s a lot of Baylor pride going around! (Click here for a photo gallery of Parents League Send-off Parties and get a sneak peek of the Class of 2013.)

Sic ’em, Baylor Parents League and Class of 2013!