• Bears host Kansas tonight for national ESPN audience

Terry BlackTonight, Baylor men’s basketball will face Kansas on ESPN as the Ferrell Center hosts “Big Monday” for only the second time in school history. If you’ve been a fan of the Green and Gold for a little while, you probably remember the first, when Terry Black and DeMarcus Minor led the Bears to an 85-77 upset of then No. 6 Kansas back in 2001.

What stands out in most people’s minds was Black’s performance in the game: 20 points on 8-of-10 shooting, including six dunks — particularly the one pictured here, which poster-ized KU’s Kirk Hinrich (now of the Chicago Bulls) and cemented Black’s reputation as the top dunker in the nation that year. According to Full Court Press, Black will be in attendance tonight as the “B” Association’s Legend of the Game. (By the way, if you’re a fan of Baylor athletics but not reading the assortment of blogs at BaylorBears.com, you’re missing out.)

I was hoping to find some video on YouTube from the game (I’ve never gotten around to digitizing my VHS recording of the broadcast, complete with the surprised SportsCenter anchors leading the show with news of the win), but alas, I came up empty. Instead, you’ll have to be content with this recap and this photo gallery from that game.

We’ll just have to create some new memories tonight, starting at 8 p.m. CT. I believe tickets are still available, but if you can’t make it, tune in on ESPN or listen to the Baylor broadcast at BaylorBears.com.

Sic ’em, Baylor basketball!